You’ll quickly discover there are many benefits to growing your own herbs. Once you start reaping the rewards of your herb garden, you’ll be hooked! Many people start with just a few basic herbs and increase the size of their gardens each year.
Here are just a few of the very real herb growing benefits:
1) You’ll save money. The cost of a small package of fresh herbs can be more than $4.00 in many supermarkets. Starting your own herb garden in quite inexpensive and will provide you with an almost continuous supply of fresh goodness.
2) You’ll have a simple, relaxing new hobby. Herb gardening is a great “Zen-like” way to reduce stress and feel connected to the earth. The beauty of growing herbs is the fresh, healthy that you combine the relaxation benefits of gardening with the healing relief of aromatherapy!
3) You’ll find herbs easy to grow. You can grow herbs almost anywhere and they require minimal maintenance. Herbs can be grown in the garden, on your patio or in containers on your deck or porch. You can even grow many herbs indoors — in your kitchen or on a window sill!
4) You can use herbs to enhance your landscape. Herbs can be quite beautiful simply growing on their own. But, you can also use them to spruce up your flower garden or as ornamental plants along driveways, walkways, porches or steps. They can add accent just about anywhere.
5) You’ll love cooking with your home grown herbs. There is nothing quite like adding fresh picked herbs to your favorite sauce or recipe. The flavors are out-of-this-world! And, you’ll know the fresh healthy tastes came from your garden.
6) You can reap health rewards from fresh herbs. Some herbs used for cooking contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Some medicinal herbs have been shown to help your body and mind in other ways. And of course the wonderful aromas…
7) You can make money with your herbs. Many people now make extra income by selling their fresh or dried herbs. Check out your local farmer’s market for some ideas. Also, your herbs can be used to make skin and hair care products as well as other natural products. The market for these products continues to grow!
Let’s get started with your herb garden…